Yayasan Tambuhak Sinta is a local development organisation that was founded by Dayak
villagers and a mineral exploration company 25 years ago, with the aim of ensuring that the benefits of resource extraction would flow to the community.
YTS has initiated a comprehensive community and regional development program in 32 villages in two adjoining districts in Central Kalimantan. This 13-year program covers six thematic areas – livelihoods, health, education, infrastructure, culture and governance.
In conducting this program, YTS works closely with government, the private sector and communities, facilitating a common platform for planning and development, and sharing responsibilities for implementation.
To lead this initiative, YTS is looking for a skilled and resourceful Program Coordinator that is experienced in implementing complex and comprehensive rural development programs. The Program Coordinator will oversee and work together with four field teams in four subdistricts, and is expected to spend a considerable amount of time in the field.
This position requires a long term commitment to our development objectives in Central
Kalimantan, aimed at fostering an independent and prosperous society based on human
values and principles of good governance.
The following background experience and qualities are required for this position:
- Previous experience with facilitating participatory community development and community empowerment initiatives and programs
- Previous experience with social, governance, environmental and behavior change programs
- Experience and/or knowledge in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programs
- Knowledge in Theory of Change and outcome mapping approach would be desirable
- Good interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
- Excellent communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English; able to communicate well with a wide variety of local and external stakeholders, including villagers, women, government, companies, and CSO’s
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Good team management, coordination, facilitation, and supervisory skills
- Good computer skills – word processing, spreadsheet, internet
- University degree in relevant subject
- Able to travel, live and work in remote locations
This position will be based in Palangka Raya, Central Kalimantan. Dayaknese and local residents are highly encouraged to apply.
If you think that this job is for you, please send your motivation letter and CV by email before November 25th, 2023 to email@example.com. Please indicate your availability and expected remuneration.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.